Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm Back - Again

So, I was wandering around browsing various websites when I realized . . . you know, I should probably kick my blog back into life.

It's been over a YEAR since I touched it, wow! The last post, as you can see, is from when we picked up Jetta, the demon pony. That's quite a long time ago.

A lot has happened since then of course. I have gone through quite a bit in that year. We're now up to three horses. Jetta herself, Apple my Missouri Fox Trotter mare, and Spyder, Apple's surprise foal. Quite an exciting time, too bad I didn't remember the blog then, would have been great to chronicle. Ah well.

Right now my goat herd is fairly small. I have one Nubian doe, Seven. Two Nigerian does, Hope and Juliet. Two Miniature Nubian does, Zenyatta and Ruffian. One Nigerian buckling, Alydar. And one Nigerian/Nubian/Sanaan wether, Spots. We culled ruthlessly this past year, removing any and all goats who didn't fit into our breeding program.

Breeding will commence this October. I am debating bringing in the Nigerian buck I sold, Blizzard, to breed certain does, or to just go with a polled Fainter buck for everyone. I am looking to produce some meat kids this coming year, as I fully expect beef prices to continue to rise, what with the current drought and all.

We'll see what happens.

Anyhow, I want to try and keep this blog updated this time. Perhaps every couple of days or even every day if need be. Lots to talk about. I'll be jumping right into subjects that perhaps you have followed somewhere else, like on my Facebook. Hopefully we won't leave any new readers lost when I do that. I imagine they'll manage.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment