Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weariness

I am weary.

Not tired, per say. Not sleepy. (At least at the current moment.)

Just weary.

So much happening around me while I stand still, watching it proceed.

So many people, full of their own ignorance, while I watch them make fools of themselves.

The whole world is there for the taking, and I let it slip through my fingers due to weariness. I stand upon the edge of a knife, looking from one side to the other, wondering which way to step off. Wondering if I even have control of that step.

Yes, I am couching my issues in terms of metaphor. It makes for pretty reading, don't you think?

In all seriousness, I am just weary (a delightful word) of waiting. I feel that's all I can do currently. I am waiting to hear back about this, and that, and everything. Will this plan come together? Will that situation resolve itself? Will this friend have time for me today? Will that friend be able to come through in that regard?

The knife's edge is an unlucky place to be. Soon, soon I will step (or be pushed) off one side or the other.

Either way, I will continue on.

I am weary, but I am not defeated.

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to post my Starving Baby post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bitchy! It's such an eloquent post and it's been a while since I had a guest post. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete