Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day In and Day Out

Not much to report, just the usual grind.

Some of the goats got to go and be petted at a petting zoo, I imagine they enjoyed it. Or at least they didn't tell me they hated it!

Juliet and Pepper are now my best friends, since they have discovered that I quite often have raisins in my back pocket. So now instead of running away, they run towards me and bite my clothes.

Hallie still will not let me get close. It breaks my heart, as she must have known some very harsh treatment to not even become curious enough to see what the other goats are mobbing me for.

On an amazing note, we will be adding a grown buck to the herd. A buck of AMAZING lineage and beautiful color. It's actually Juliet's sire. Turns out, he has a teat spur. A huge no-no in the show ring, so I will be getting him for a steal, without his papers.

Teat spurs are recessive, and do not affect the goat itself and its milking potential (in does) so its not a big deal for me. It is however, a huge fault in the show ring.

I feel bad for my friend, but its an awesome opportunity for me. I can hardly wait to bring him home and add him to the breeding program.

Just a couple more days until Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment