Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Computers

I often wonder why I go through so many computers. Is it because I am hard on them? I am no computer "noob"; I know how to get the best out of my machines and keep them running smooth.

So why am I constantly replacing them? So I just run the poor things into the ground? This may be so, but alas, we may never really know.

I've decided to get another laptop. My last one was a stubborn piece of equipment, despite having root beer spilled on its keyboard, breaking that. And having its screen smashed. And the disk drive stopped working.

Despite that, it was still kicking when I sold it for parts. So laptops can't be all that bad, can they?

I decided to buy from Aaron's. Kill two birds with one stone, right? Get a nice new laptop and improve my credit at once. Sure, I know I'm overpaying for this thing, and could get better for the ultimate cost, but our credit is practically non-existent, so it serves its purpose.

It literally took me hours to clean the hard drive of all the crap that they pre-load these poor things with. Hours! And then I had to move and set up my personal programs that are "must haves." I left all of my information, i.e. pictures, documents, designs, and music, on my desktop so to keep the laptop as clean as possible.

Then come to find out, my wireless router is a piece of junk and I was getting very poor signal. Which meant I had to steal the Ethernet cable from my poor desktop until I can either improve my router, or buy one of my own.

Anyways, so I'm writing this blog from my new laptop. It's got a nice big keyboard thankfully, so I'm not having too much trouble adjusting. I had to hook my mouse up though, without it I am just too slow at work.

Let's talk other things.

Did I tell you that we woke up yesterday to three flat tires? Yes, three! How ridiculous is that. Thankfully, a neighbor had an air tank and hubby and my brother were able to get the car to the tire shop. We had to replace two of the tires, which was a real punch in the gut, since I had to write the check for our mortgage on the same day. The next few weeks are going to be rough, I think.

But we'll manage. We always have, despite the "Saucedo Curse." I won't get into that right now, but you're sure to notice the trend of bad luck that follows us Saucedos eventually.

All things will pass in time.

2 comments:

  1. There ain't no luck but bad luck ;)

    I am glad you got a new laptop! Sounds like you needed it!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! It's great to finally be able to work without stressing my back at that desk. Of course, it means I have to work MORE but... :D

    ReplyDelete