Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Development

There's been some new development in the whole affair with the bad breeder.

(I will be releasing the breeder's name soon enough.)

Today, someone e-mailed me about the person, having gotten my e-mail from craigslist when I posted a Buyer Beware against this breeder.

Hello, I found a post you once posted on ********* Farms about her miscarrying for several animals. I am very instrested in your views on the farm she is raising. I just recently sent in a 300 dollar check (down payment) for her "micro pig" and after receiving the check she suddenly stopped picking up my calls, my text and not responding to emails. I was told I could pick for my pig in Liberty friday the 29th..well Friday arrived and she will not give me an exact address much less a reply. Now she post poned my date to Febuary 20th I have grown very worried not only because the loss of 300 dollars but in fear to how many others this is occurring to. I thank you for your time and hope to hear to views in return.
Thank you.

Not a huge surprise, really. I did e-mail back and go over the situation, and promised to procure contact information for this person so they could go about getting their (overpriced) pig. Once we get this settled, I will probably be releasing the entire story, along with as much evidence as I have left (some was taken by the ASPCA and in the meantime has disappeared.)

An update on Hallie: She appears to have been harboring some hoof rot in a hind hoof. I caught her, cleaned it out, treated it, and hopefully it will clear up soon. I hate to see her limp, poor dear.

Thankfully she does not appear to be pregnant, so we've avoided that potential disaster.

I will be keeping you updated on this new turn of events, rest assured, and soon enough, I will bring the whole mess to light, and hopefully get the word out there.

2 comments:

  1. That is just horrible! What a PIB! I would definitely not be buying from her --ever! Thanks rediculous! Kudos to you for turning her in to the ASPCA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I didn't have time to write tonight, but the victim in this situation was given the address and proper phone numbers.

    There's more to it I've discovered, and hope to have time to write about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete