Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chicks

Hurray for newborn chicks! As of this post, we've got around 25 chicks out of thirty eggs. Pretty darn good! Looks like a couple more might hatch as well.

I tell you, if it doesn't hatch in a Brisnea, it wasn't going to hatch at all!

These are just little mutt layer chickens. The breeds were Road Island Red, Black Astralop, Leghorn, Americana, and a few others I didn't quite recognize or remember. Sure made some cute little chicks though. Can't wait to see how they feather out.

Today, Steven was outside while the goats were on graze, and Indy ran up to him crying. He petted her and goes "Hi Mini-Hope!" before going back inside. I admit, she does look like a miniature-Hope!

So I wonder, does this count for the bet? I never expected him to acknowledge her without asking me where she came from! I know he's probably put two and two together though and just figures no point in asking, but now I'm pondering if this closes the betting or if we have to wait until he asks. Which might be never!

1 comment:

  1. I had quite a few similar colored chicks out of my Black Ameraucana x Buff Orpington breeders. lol Aren't they adorable? :) They've feathering in super weird too. I'll post pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete