Friday, October 28, 2011

The Aftermath

Sorry for the delay between posts lately. There's just been so much going on, I haven't felt much up to writing blogs. But I do have some good material sure to offend someone up my sleeve. So bear with my, my four or five readers.

So . . . the dog attack. I lost my beautiful little buckling, and the leased buck, "Billy" was very badly injured. I won't describe the injuries because they were bad enough to make even my stomach turn over. We gave him a chance, treated him to the best of our abilities, but come the forth or fifth day after the attack, he turned a corner for the worse.

So his owner and I put him down. It was heartbreaking.

The dogs have not been seen since. Sigh.

I do have to thank everyone for their kind thoughts, jingles, prayers, and support during this time. It really means a lot. The breeder of the buckling I lost has even offered to replace him, which is an amazing offer, although I don't feel it's something she has to do at all.

Otherwise, life continues on. It's getting colder. I've brought back Blizzard to hopefully cover any does that weren't covered. Zenyatta is in heat today, loving on him, so hopefully he'll cover her this evening or tonight, or catch the next heat. I'm not sure if Ruffian or Seven were bred. Ruffian can be covered by Blizz if need be, but unless Seven gives poor ol Blizz a hand, she is too tall. I think the world conspires against her being bred.

Along with Blizzard, I also brought home a very sweet Mini-nubian doe. She's very petite and lovely and I am hoping Blizzard covers her as well.

Now I must go update my website, so I'll finish off with a picture of the new doe, April Showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment