Monday, November 14, 2011

Check In Post - November

Yup, another boring check in post. Sorry!

I had considered writing another post on BLM mustangs, due to some images and information I came across, but I figured, I only need so many crazy people reading the blog, right? Although . . . crazy people are more fun.

However, I'd rather not do two BLM posts in a row, seeing as this blog is *supposed* to be a bit varied.



So a check in post it is!

The picture above is Pixie! She is a newborn Boer cross doeling from Rancho Volsa Basias. She will be joining the herd here at K-n-S Farm when she is weaned. Isn't she too cute? We really look forward to having her here.

My artwork is keeping me busy. I have several pending orders, several orders in progress, and a few sitting on the drying shelf. Very exciting and I love doing the work. I honestly *should* raise my prices, as my profit margin is pretty small right now, but I do so enjoy doing the models for prices people can afford, I don't know if I'm willing to do that. I suppose time will tell.

I have ordered some Apoxy Sculpt and have begun trying my hand at resculpting manes and other things. Going well so far. Unigoat got himself a little mane. He's going on the painting table here shortly, so keep an eye out for him! Once I have a bit more practice, I will be offering resculpted manes/tails on models, for a small additional fee.

Breeding season is winding to a close here. Blizzard returns home this weekend. I am fairly certain most of the does were covered. Hopefully all goes well and they have all settled. We even have Hope's daughter from her last kidding here; she was bred to Blizzard and I am *very* excited to see the offspring from this cross. It's a real powerhouse lineage. Because her owner is getting married around the time she'll be due to kid, she'll be returning to our farm to give birth. Very exciting.

There have been no more sightings of the dogs that attacked, although some neighbors have shot a few more stray dogs in recent days. Good riddance, I say!

Everything else has been ticking along like normal. But keep an eye out . . . come next week, I should have a little surprise to drop on all of you. What is it, you ask? Well, you'll just have to wait and find out, won't you.

No comments:

Post a Comment