Sunday, March 7, 2010

The IRS

Ugh I'm so annoyed with the IRS.

As you know, we purchased a home last year. We qualified for a First Time Home Buyer's credit. I dutifully filled out the paperwork, made copies of everything I needed, and send it off.

I admit I was counting on the money a little bit for certain things. Something I know better than!

Yesterday we received a letter saying we didn't send the right form and that we have 20 days to rectify the situation, after which it will take an additional 6-8 weeks to receive our refund.

Ugh!

So now I have to take care of that, on my birthday no less, and get this mess sorted out. It really sets back a lot of plans we have but you know, what else can you do?

Blah.

On a vaguely related note, I've doubled my work hours. Tons of fun, right? That means I now get up horribly early in the morning so that I have enough time to work my new daily goal, and still leave enough time for everything else, including my current webmastering jobs.

I possibly picked up a new webmastering job this evening, for a goat friend. I'll be helping her redesign her website in exchange for goat milk soap. Sounds good to me!

Hubby laughs at me when he sees me trading my webmastering work for stuff like this, but hey, I really enjoy doing websites, its like a fun puzzle for me, so I might as well get something I want out of it without making some poor soul who needs a good website pay through the nose.

My way is obviously working, since I've got Blue Romeo coming from one "job" and now some LOVELY goat milk soap.

Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment