Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Update on Hallie



A great short video showing the progress we've made with Hallie, the rescue doe we brought home in January.

Hallie came to us underweight, sickly, and appeared to have been traumatized in some way. She was literally terrified of people and not just the wild aspect I've handled many times, but flat out shaking in her hooves wide eyed horrified near humans.

I started by completely ignoring Hallie except for necessary health treatment and hoof trimming. In time I began talking to her conversationally when I was out there.

That moved to having her eat grain out of a bucket while I held it. I then moved to touching her from time to time for just a moment while she ate.

Today I caught her, squatted down, and petted her. As you can see from the video, it went quite well! She's on her way to becoming a spoiled part of K-n-S Farm. They don't call me the Goat Whisperer for nothing!

An update on the little buckling; he is indeed mine! I spoke to the awesome owner of River Bottom Ranch earlier today and it looks like I may be able to pick him up on Friday. Very excited!

I also spoke with the owner of two does I have put a deposit on and gained permission to borrow the pictures she has for my website. She is also sending me new pictures and a picture of the sire of the doeling soon.

I am just absolutely pleased with all the positive changes coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment