Friday, March 12, 2010

Reviews

So yesterday we went out to the new Cracker Barrel in College Station and also saw Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton. So I'll go ahead and review those!

Cracker Barrel:

QUITE crowded! No surprise since it's a pretty popular restaurant and new in the area. The host quoted us ten to fifteen minutes and we found a place to sit outside. They provide areas to sit and checker boards, and we had a checkers game where I was pwned by hubby.

We were called in pretty quick, sat down, and had our drinks in no time.

Brother ordered a bacon cheeseburger, hubby and I the chicken fried steak.

Food came out at a good pace. Not super fast, but they provided a little game on the table with occupied us easily.

Brother realized his burger had mayo. He asked politely if he could get it without it; no problem, they only needed to replace that bun.

Hubby's chicken fried steak was good. Mine? Overcooked and crunchy to the point I couldn't eat it.

Seriously, it was just a dry piece of crunch. Hubby gave me a bit of his and it tasted quite good. The manager took care of it and removed my entire meal from our bill, but I didn't get to eat much and was disappointed.

All in all, excellent service, subpar food. The manager even told us it was frozen chicken fried steaks. Yuck!

Alice in Wonderland:

We saw it in regular 2D, as most 3D movies will give me a headache.

It was a little slow, but the acting was excellent. It moved along well despite being a bit slow and was full of chuckles and it had its moments.

It was a very strange movie, but coming from the book (it was a mixture of both Through the Looking Glass and Alice in Wonderland) and Tim Burton, what else can you expect? I enjoyed it, maybe not enough to buy the DVD though.

We didn't make it to the grocery store, hubby and I were fussing a little over some things. We had a long talk and worked it out that night though, and went grocery shopping today.

Came home to find poor little Isis not feeling well again. I've brought her inside and she's going to stay in the bathroom until I'm sure she's feeling well.

I've set up a creep feeder where the young and small goats can get to hay and feed without the big ones chasing them off all the time, I think it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment