Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Moshpit

We managed to get the form we needed and got our taxes handled. Or at least, mailed off again with what is supposed to be the CORRECT form.

Of course, the IRS will take another 6-8 weeks to get back to us. Joy!

Thankfully, there is nothing that shouldn't be able to float until then. It just sets back a lot of my plans and really annoys me. But what else can you do right?

I am really looking forward to two trips coming up. One is a "girls get together" with two friends of mine, one of which is the owner of River Bottom Ranch and little Romeo. I'll be getting him when we get together. We are looking into going to the Tyler Texas State Park and having a "sleep-over."

The other one is when I'll be picking up two new does I'm purchasing. Both are just gorgeous girls and the breeder is really awesome. I'm looking forward to adding both to my herd at the end of this month/early next month.

Yesterday I went to a Health seminar put on by a local chiropractor. He really didn't talk about anything I didn't know already but its always good to hear a point of view from another person.

Tomorrow we're celebrating my birthday (it was Monday). We're going to have lunch at Cracker Barrel (I've never been!) and go see Alice in Wonderland. I can hardly wait, going to be ton of fun. Check back for a review both on Cracker Barrel and the movie.

Yesterday also, Isis was feeling very poorly. I found her lethargic, a bit pale, and miserable. Panicked, I brought her inside, hit her with Power Punch, Vitamin E with Selenium, a dose of Ivermectin, a dose of Strongid, and a dose of Corid.

She almost immediately perked up after that. I conferred with several friends, gave her a small dose of Vitamin B, some probios, pepto, and offered her more baking soda. (They have it free choice outside.)

The general consensus was that the sudden heat wave caused an upset tummy. She was back to her normal self in nearly no time, and went back outside that evening. This morning she seems to be doing fine.

I have started another round of Cocci treatment for the young ones, just in case, and am hitting everyone with a round of dewormer as well. We had some wet weather and then hot weather, a breeding ground for worms. Better safe than sorry.

Another topic, I really think the tap water here is making me sick. I weaned myself off of soda, and onto a sort of flavored water drink that is sugar and caffeine free. I mix a powder with water every day and have one.

And ever since then, I've had massive headaches near every day. I noticed that the days (my birthday and one other day) I allowed myself a soda for the day, I did not get a bad headache.

So I'm done with the water here, better safe than sorry! (I say that a lot) I'll be buying bottled water for my drinks from now on.

That should be it for today. Check back tomorrow evening!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes caffeine withdrawals can cause headaches... Your trips sounds so FUN! :) I hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crossed my mind too, but I don't drink soda with caffeine, because it causes problems with my system.

    I stay with caffeine free drinks, ie rootbeer or other.

    Haven't touched the water since and surprise, no bad headaches.

    ReplyDelete