Sunday, September 18, 2011

Appreciating What You Have

I bet some of you are starting to get a little confused! I'm the Goat Whisperer, but I don't seem to talk about goats too much, do I?

Worry not, my goat loving pals! Next month I will be bringing in the buck I plan on leasing and breeding begins. You can rest assured that there will be plenty of goat related posts soon.

So make sure you stayed tuned. In the meantime, I'll keep posting about whatever catches my thoughts!

Today, I really want to write about appreciating what you have instead of complaining about what you don't. Anyone who knows me knows I too partake in a bit of complaining and bitching from time to time. Who doesn't? It's healthy and completely natural to us all to do it.

But yesterday, as I was riding Apple, I was reflecting on things. When I was younger, I remember wanting a very few simple things. I wanted a husband who loved me, a home of my own where I could have any animal I wanted, a horse to ride.

And guess what?

I have all these things now.

Sure, my husband acts like a five year old sometimes, my roof leaks, my mare decided to have a go at running away with me.

But these are the things I wanted as a young person and I achieved those goals! That alone is worth a lot. Nothing in life is perfect. There is no such thing as a fairy-tale life. Everything is always a work in progress, but sometimes we all need to take a step back and realize what we have.

It's not always easy, especially when your husband is having a temper tantrum, your car is leaking fluids, your horse is showing colic signs, and your dogs have torn up the trash. You want to tear your hair out and scream and bitch.

And that's alright too!

But never ever forget to take a moment on those days where your husband brought you chocolates home, your car is running like a champ, you and your horse reach a wonderful partnership, and your dogs actually sit on command.

So guys, when you were little, what simple pleasures in life did you dream of? Have you achieved them? And if not, what can you do to gain those things. If you want something bad enough, you CAN achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment