Friday, September 2, 2011

Check In Post

Just a quick check in post for everyone.

I'm doing okay. It's hard to think that I'll never get another e-mail. But you can't dwell in sadness for long, it's unhealthy.

I spoke with my father yesterday, both in a short phone call (we're much alike in our dislike of phones) and through e-mail. Perhaps we'll stay in better touch now.

I haven't heard much information about the funeral, but regardless, we won't be going. It's just way too far out of our budget to even consider, sadly.

But I will be there in spirit and I know it will be okay.

There has been a huge outpouring of support of good thoughts from my internet circles, which I appreciate quite a lot. It's uplifting to be reminded how much these people actually do care, and every single one of them was noted and I am speaking to you all now: Thank you.

I also received a couple phone calls to check on me. Anyone who knows me knows how much I detest the phone, but those calls were still very much appreciated and warmed my spirit. My husband has been very supportive; he cared for the animals that day for me. Apparently Spyder was displeased with this change and just stood and looked at my poor husband instead of coming in for breakfast. Which of course meant all the goats got into the feeding pen and had to be removed one at a time. Leave it to an opinionated colt to cause a fuss, right?

I've started painting a new model, a plastic goat this time, and I've been taking a small break from SpiritHowlers. I'm sleeping a lot lately, more than normal. I think it's mostly from the overwhelming heat and dryness. I can handle heat pretty well, but day after day of 105+ temps coupled with our lack of rain has made it difficult I think.

Regardless, there's no place to go but forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment