Friday, September 30, 2011

Support

I think it's been pretty clear to anyone who is friends with me or reads my posts, blog, facebook, etc, that I've been under some pretty dark clouds here recently in my life.

Which of course means I've posted fewer blogs, because I really do not like to post only negative things, but sometimes it's difficult to think of a subject to post about when you're pretty down in the dumps.

But today, I can post about something very important. Today I can post about how the community around me is amazing.

Most of you know me from a few certain communities. Horse, goat, wolf, reptile. And those from those communities have come to know me and know my many moods. I suppose that it has become pretty clear that we here at the farm are struggling. We had a few rough weeks, and began to fall behind. I was struggling to find a way to feed all of the animals in the winter.

It got so bad, I even did something terrible and posted publicly that I thought it might be better to sell out completely and move to an apartment, so I wouldn't have to worry about these things anymore.

And suddenly, it was like a wave of support came crashing down. Each community came together and lifted me up with words of encouragement, advice, and more. They sent jokes and funny pictures to brighten my day. Some decided to buy my artwork to help fund the farm.

And some went above and beyond. You know who you are.

Just thinking about everything that my friends and community have done brings tears to my eyes and I only have one thing I can say.

Thank you.

Thank you, to all of you.

Between all of you and Jetta's sacrifice, I think we'll make it. I think things will be okay.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. ((((hug)))) I have experience much the same thing recently. No matter how heartbroken and worried I am, I am still amazed and uplifted by the support of those around me in my online communities. I just wish i could have helped. But someday, when we are both better off, we can be the ones to help someone in our groups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I am a FIRM believer that what comes around goes around. Both for good and bad. These people have done good to me, good will come to me. I have had good done to me, I will do good for someone else.

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete