Thursday, February 25, 2010

Connections

Isn't it always nice to connect with someone from your past?

It's even nicer when it's someone who had a positive influence on you, whether they were kind to you when you were in need, or supportive, or just generally a good person.

Today a teacher I had had in High School contacted me through FaceBook. I was extremely pleased, since this was a teacher who I still think of from time to time. She was kind to me when I was having a very hard time of it, and kindness is never forgotten.

It was good to hear about her present life, and I sent back some of mine. I admit to bragging just a little about some things, but really, its not a bad thing to be proud of how far one has come from what might have been dark beginnings.

There are other people I still think of as well. Some of these people may not even realize they had an impact on my life. Some of them I don't remember their names, and some perhaps I never knew their names.

What matters is that they are forever immortalized by their actions or words. Never forget that when you are speaking to someone. It could be a little thing that affects someone for their entire life.

Life can be a difficult road (how cliche is that?) but the path you CHOOSE to travel is the one that determines your end destination.

Never blame others or circumstances. There is so much I could lay "blame" on for things that have happened to me. Sure, some were quite awful and some had impacts that were unforeseen and damaging, but it all boils down to one thing.

I, and only I, choose how to proceed from there. I can wallow in unhappiness and be miserable and shake my fist. Or I can stand up, try to find the joke in all of it, and keep on trucking.

Roof gets ripped off by a freak tornado days after you close on a house? Hey, can't possibly make the house any uglier! (It did though...LOL)

Just find the joke and keep moving. Find a solution.

Roof gone? Get friends together and put it back. Still leaks? Well, Summer is coming and it will rain less! (JK, plans are already in motion to finally stop those few leaks.)

Just remember. Choose your path wisely. And kindness is never forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for ya on the house problems ((hug))

    You have such a great attitude, it is wonderful to read ;)

    I am glad you got in touch with an old teacher! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete