Sunday, February 14, 2010

Housework

I admit, I skipped work today so I could get a little done on the house. It's a bit frustrating, because there is so much I want to get done, and so little I can actually do.

So I pacified myself by pulling up more tackstrip, trying to rip that hideous tile up out of the bathroom, sweeping and reorganizing our room. I can hardly wait until things are they way I envision them.

Hopefully we will finally finish the roof, hubby knows where its leaking and is just waiting for a good hot day to set the tar and seal those spots off. Then we can get my brother moved out of the game room and into one of the bedrooms.

Then we can put the gameroom together as it should be, and get hubby's annoying games out of here! That will free up room here in the bedroom, so I can rearrange and have things the way I want them to be.

Of course, all of the floors still need to be done, but for now I'm mostly ignoring them. It's not easy, after all, my father is a flooring expert, and I guess some of it rubbed off.

Ah, well!

I've had a ton of interest in Hope's little boys. I sure wish the rest of the worthless herd had taken when they were bred, but alas. I do believe Rudy took from her visit with Chestnut however. I am contemplating pulling her kids and selling them as bottle babies so she'll be ready to re-breed again in late fall with the rest of the herd.

With good luck, I will have quite a few babies hopping around in March of next year. I decided January was just too harsh for me to kid in. It has its benefits, but I'm going to shoot for a little later in the year this next time.

I'm still waiting on my buckling to be born. River Bottom Ranch has some does due in March, so I can hardly wait to see what she produces. There's lots of blue-eyed and polled possibilities on the way. Fingers crossed!

I am hoping when the lovely young woman I have been speaking to comes and sees Hope's kids, and puts a deposit on them, I will be able to turn around and put that deposit on two gorgeous does I really want: a mother daughter pair. Both blue eyed; the dam is black and white and the doeling a roan buckskin. Gorgeous!

The owner is being very generous and agreed to hold them for a bit for me, so I can gather a deposit.

Poor hubby! I wonder if he realizes I have six does right now. With two more hopefully coming. And he wants a Nubian doe on top of that! And of course, with this breeding to River Bottom's Darkened Chestnut coming up at the end of the year, I am praying Hope finally gives me the doeling out of her I want. And who knows what beauties the others will produce when paired with him? And I'll be able to keep any doelings, since by then I will have my own buck.

I'm sure to finally break that buckling streak I've had!

Thank goodness we purchased enough land to support my goat obsession. We're gearing up to extend the goat pen itself, and then we're going to work on fencing in the ENTIRE property, some in sections, so we look forward to being able to rotate pasture a bit too.

I can't wait for things to get moving.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds busy busy busy!! :)

    I hope you have good luck with your goaties :)

    ReplyDelete